( As always just click on an image for a larger, sharper version )
Moving day as I leave Yellowstone National Park and head on down to Grand Tetons National Park, with the hopes of being able to add to my moose portfolio. I guess I was all but ready to move on anyhow, but the weather forecast calls for 3 to 9 inches of snow here Wednesday with more on Thursday, and temps in the low 20’s. While the forecast is pretty much the same for Jackson Hole, at least if I get down there today, before it starts snowing, I can get into a private campground with hookups to make it through what looks like a couple of uncomfortable days where I will be holed up inside, and it sure would be nice to have electricity for heaters and such.
Trip down to the Fireside Resort Campground in Wilson, WY., just west of Jackson Hole was a pleasant one, with nice weather and not much traffic. The campground is nice enough, though certainly tight, but no way worth the nearly $60 a night, but it will do to get me through the next few stormy days.
Took this image of a the threatening storm front coming over the mountains from a pullout along route 89.
After setting up, I still had an hour or two of daylight so I took a trip up Spring Gulch Road and into Tetons National Park. As luck would have it, I ran into a nice bull moose as soon as I went through the entry gates to the park, he was moving fast like he had somewhere to go and needed to get there before dark.